Social Media Manager
All That’s Interesting is looking for a detail-oriented digital marketer to join our growing team as a Social Media Manager. You’ll be managing an expansive social media presence that includes over 5 million total Facebook fans, assist paid distribution strategy, and develop new avenues of audience acquisition.
As the Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for:
* Day-to-day management and oversight of our social channels, primarily Facebook and Instagram
* Management of social exchange partnerships
* Competitive landscaping and integrating your insights into our tactics
* Developing and executing initiatives to expand our audience
* Producing reports that informs our editorial and social approach
* Two to four years experience managing a significant social media presence
* A deep understanding of viral content, social media, and analytics
* Knowledge of Facebook ads, influencer networks, and other paid distribution platforms
* Capable of writing engaging and crisp copy
* Ideally an interest in a wide array of subjects, including history, science, and news
You’ll be working out of our office in Prospect Heights in Brooklyn, New York. Remuneration is $50.5k a year along with health insurance benefits, matching 401k after your first year, partial cell phone plan reimbursement, MTA card reimbursement, and a generous vacation policy.
To apply, please send your resume along with an example of a brands social approach that you admire (and why) to [email protected]
All That’s Interesting is looking for a motivated and intellectually well-rounded Assistant Editor to join its Brooklyn team. We’re ramping up production of content in several areas, including history, science, and news. The Assistant Editor will act as a catalyst for growth.
As the Assistant Editor for All That’s Interesting, you will:
* Edit 7-10 posts per day on a variety of topics
* Pitch and receive pitches to/from freelancers and staff writers
* Curate content for All That’s Interesting and produce your own time-sensitive articles
* Assist the Managing Editor in crafting and executing article ideas
* Become an integral part of developing editorial strategy and scope
Minimum qualifications to be considered:
* 2-3 years editing content for a reputable digital publisher
* Track record of editing history, science, or current events content
* Ability to synthesize complex issues in a compelling and engaging manner for an online audience
* Working knowledge of WordPress, SEO, and best practices for social
* Ability to edit images and video beneficial
You’ll be working out of our office in Prospect Heights in Brooklyn, New York. Compensation is $47.5k a year along with health insurance benefits, a free monthly unlimited MTA card, partial cell phone reimbursement, matching 401k after your first year, and a generous vacation policy.
To apply, please send your resume, links to two or three of your published writing samples, and links to the two most interesting posts you’ve read in the past week to [email protected]
All That’s Interesting is hiring a full-time Staff Writer to join its editorial team in Brooklyn, New York. The Staff Writer will cover an array of subjects, including history, true crime, science, and current events, and will produce compelling content on these topics.
Duties and responsibilities of the position are:
* Scout, pitch, and write 4-5 short posts each day
* Identify and research topics that are relevant to our audience
* Source engaging images
* Optimize submitted copy for social media and search engines
* Conduct interviews and research for stories when necessary
* 1-2 years writing experience at a digital publisher
* Must be ambitious, self-motivated and able to work independently
* Committed to approaching coverage of topics with a creative and critical lens
* Comfortable with Adobe Photoshop and WordPress
You’ll be working primarily out of our office in Prospect Heights in Brooklyn, New York. Remuneration is $35.5k a year along with health insurance benefits, matching 401k after your first year, partial cell phone plan reimbursement, MTA card reimbursement, and a generous vacation policy.
To be considered, please send your resume, 2-3 published writing samples and a brief cover letter to [email protected]
All That’s Interesting is the premier creator of fascinating content that is as substantive as it is shareworthy. From bizarre ocean creatures to video footage of the most important image captured by Hubble, we create and curate content that sheds light on the most intriguing corners of our world. If that’s something that you like to do too, then you should write for us.
Currently, All That’s Interesting (ATI) is seeking creative, independent-minded writers to help strengthen our editorial vision and readership. Whether your background is in art, science, history or something else entirely, we want you to help us create a space where life’s dynamics and intricacies are brought forth in an engaging, entertaining and original manner.
As an ATI contributor, you’ll be given an ample amount of freedom when it comes to content topics, as we believe that it’s passion that generates successful articles and websites–not just passing trends. We consistently receive four million visitors a month, so your work won’t get lost in the vastness that is the Internet; it will be viewed and shared by people just like you.
To apply, please send a recently published article, a brief statement on your interests and the most fascinating content you’ve come across in the past week to [email protected]
All That’s Interesting is looking for a freelance gallery contributor with a proven record of creating popular photo-based content crafted specifically for social media. The contributor will pitch 3-5 gallery ideas every month and execute accepted pitches on our requested timelines. The contributor will also be inputting galleries directly into WordPress, so familiarity with editing posts in WordPress is strongly desired as is experience with image editing.
To be considered, please send [email protected] an e-mail that includes 3 links to your best performing content and 3 pitch ideas for All That’s Interesting.