All That’s Interesting is looking for a motivated and intellectually well-rounded individual to join its Brooklyn team as an Assistant Editor. Each month, 10 million people visit All That’s Interesting, engaging with our blend of high-quality curated posts and original articles from around the globe. We are ramping up production of content in several areas, including history, science, and news where the Assistant Editor will act as a catalyst for growth.
As the Assistant Editor for All That’s Interesting, you will:
– Edit 7-10 posts per day on a variety of topics
– Pitch and receive pitches to/from freelancers and staff writers
– Curate content for All That’s Interesting and produce your own time-sensitive articles
– Assist the Managing Editor in crafting and executing article ideas
– Become an integral part of developing editorial strategy and scope
– 2-3 years editing content for a digital publisher
– Ability to edit content on a variety of topics
– Experience writing short and long-form pieces
– Working knowledge of WordPress, SEO, and best practices for social
– Demonstrated knowledge of current events
– An ability to synthesize complex issues in a compelling and engaging manner for an online audience
– Ability to edit images and video beneficial
You’ll be working primarily out of our office in Prospect Heights in Brooklyn, New York. Remuneration is $44.5k a year along with health insurance benefits, matching 401k after your first year, partial cell phone plan reimbursement, MTA card reimbursement, and a generous vacation policy.
To apply, please send your resume, links to two or three of your published writing samples, and links to the two most interesting posts you’ve read in the past week to [email protected]
All That’s Interesting is the premier creator of fascinating content that is as substantive as it is shareworthy. From bizarre ocean creatures to video footage of the most important image captured by Hubble, we create and curate content that sheds light on the most intriguing corners of our world. If that’s something that you like to do too, then you should write for us.
Currently, All That’s Interesting (ATI) is seeking creative, independent-minded writers to help strengthen our editorial vision and readership. Whether your background is in art, science, history or something else entirely, we want you to help us create a space where life’s dynamics and intricacies are brought forth in an engaging, entertaining and original manner.
As an ATI contributor, you’ll be given an ample amount of freedom when it comes to content topics, as we believe that it’s passion that generates successful articles and websites–not just passing trends. We consistently receive four million visitors a month, so your work won’t get lost in the vastness that is the Internet; it will be viewed and shared by people just like you.
To apply, please send a recently published article, a brief statement on your interests and the most fascinating content you’ve come across in the past week to [email protected]
All That’s Interesting is looking for a freelance gallery contributor with a proven record of creating popular photo-based content crafted specifically for social media. The contributor will pitch 3-5 gallery ideas every month and execute accepted pitches on our requested timelines. The contributor will also be inputting galleries directly into WordPress, so familiarity with editing posts in WordPress is strongly desired as is experience with image editing.
To be considered, please send [email protected] an e-mail that includes 3 links to your best performing content and 3 pitch ideas for All That’s Interesting.