All That’s Interesting is looking for an experienced individual with a digital-first background to join our Brooklyn team as Managing Editor. With over 15 million visitors a month and a growing team, we are looking to increase our output and sharpen our editorial processes while expanding into new arenas.
As the Managing Editor, you will:
* Review existing editorial processes to identify areas of improvement and implement improvements to accelerate editorial output
* Leverage insights from search and social as well as competitive landscaping to inform editorial decision making
* Manage staff writers and freelancers as well as our editorial calendar
* Pursue external partnerships and syndication deals
* Edit 3-5 posts per day
* Produce content for All That’s Interesting as needed
* Become an integral part of developing editorial strategy and scope
Minimum qualifications to be considered for this position are:
* Three to four years editing content and managing writers for a reputable digital publisher
* Two to four years of experience growing an online publication in an editorial capacity, preferably in a managerial role
* Ability to synthesize complex issues in a compelling and engaging manner for an online audience
* Deep understanding of search and social channels, and best practices for each
* Knowledge of WordPress, Google Analytics and Photoshop (or equivalent image editing software)
You’ll be working out of our office in Prospect Heights in Brooklyn, New York. Compensation is $58.5k a year along with health insurance benefits, a free monthly unlimited MTA card, partial cell phone reimbursement, matching 401k after your first year, and a generous vacation policy.
To apply, please send your resume, a brief background of yourself, and how you’ve helped grow a digital publication to [email protected]
All That’s Interesting is the premier creator of fascinating content that is as substantive as it is shareworthy. From the untold story of Belgium’s genocide of the Congo to Pablo Escobar’s hippos that are now terrorizing the Colombian countryside, we create and curate content that sheds light on the most intriguing corners of our world and its history.
Currently, All That’s Interesting is seeking detail-oriented, search- and social-focused remote editors to help strengthen our content.
As a remote editor, you’ll be expected to shape content for SEO and sculpt for social media in addition to basic copy and line editing as well as fact-checking. Ideal candidates will have some training in best practices for search and social, along with basic photo editing skills and traditional editing competencies.
Experience with WordPress required and being based in New York a plus.
Remuneration starts at $26 an hour. To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and samples of work you’ve edited or written to [email protected]
All That’s Interesting is hiring a full-time Staff Writer to join its editorial team in Brooklyn, New York. The Staff Writer will cover an array of subjects including history, true crime, science, and current events, and will produce compelling content on these topics.
Duties and responsibilities of the position are to:
* Scout, pitch, and write 4-5 short posts each day
* Identify and research topics that are relevant to our audience
* Source engaging images
* Optimize submitted copy for social media and search engines
* Conduct interviews and research for stories when necessary
* 1-2 years writing experience at a digital publisher
* Must be ambitious, self-motivated and able to work independently
* Ability to approach topics with a creative and critical lens
* Comfortable with Adobe Photoshop and WordPress
You’ll be working primarily out of our office in Prospect Heights in Brooklyn, New York. Remuneration is $40.5k a year along with health insurance benefits, matching 401k after your first year, partial cell phone plan reimbursement, MTA card reimbursement, and a generous vacation policy.
To be considered, please send your resume, 2-3 published writing samples and a brief cover letter to [email protected]
All That’s Interesting is the premier creator of fascinating content that is as substantive as it is shareworthy. From bizarre ocean creatures to video footage of the most important image captured by Hubble, we create and curate content that sheds light on the most intriguing corners of our world. If that’s something that you like to do too, then you should write for us.
Currently, All That’s Interesting (ATI) is seeking creative, independent-minded writers to help strengthen our editorial vision and readership. Whether your background is in art, science, history or something else entirely, we want you to help us create a space where life’s dynamics and intricacies are brought forth in an engaging, entertaining and original manner.
As an ATI contributor, you’ll be given an ample amount of freedom when it comes to content topics, as we believe that it’s passion that generates successful articles and websites–not just passing trends. We consistently receive four million visitors a month, so your work won’t get lost in the vastness that is the Internet; it will be viewed and shared by people just like you.
To apply, please send a recently published article, a brief statement on your interests and the most fascinating content you’ve come across in the past week to [email protected]
All That’s Interesting is looking for a freelance gallery contributor with a proven record of creating popular photo-based content crafted specifically for social media. The contributor will pitch 3-5 gallery ideas every month and execute accepted pitches on our requested timelines. The contributor will also be inputting galleries directly into WordPress, so familiarity with editing posts in WordPress is strongly desired as is experience with image editing.
To be considered, please send [email protected] an email that includes 3 links of the best performing content published under your name and 3 pitch ideas for All That’s Interesting.